Some of you are likely tiring of oatmeal. I can appreciate that. I don’t want to “force” it on you forever! **wink** Here is a yummy alternative (and there will be more to come) to help change breakfast up. Pair this with a side of eggs, and you are set.
Makes 1 serving
- 1/4 cup dry polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 cup water
- dash sea salt for water
- 1 Stevia packet
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp reduced-fat shredded coconut (ie Let’s Do Organic)
- 1″ (20g) thinly sliced banana
- 1 tsp unsweetened cranberries
- almond milk for drizzling
- Pour water in to pot. Add sea salt if desired. Bring to boiling. When boiling add dry polenta and stir vigorously. Reduce heat to medium low and continue to stir on and off for a few minutes until polenta becomes thick and soft. Add more water only if needed (to get acquired consistency).
- Stir coconut extract, oil, and Stevia in to polenta.
- Spoon in to serving dish. Top with sliced banana, cranberries, and a pinch of shredded coconut. Drizzle with almond milk if desired.
- Calories 145
- Total Fat 2.66g
- Sodium 11.11mg0%
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5g
- Dietary Fiber 6.04g
- Sugars 3.47g
- Protein 2.26g