I love the Fall. L.O.V.E. love it. I love all the squash, the savory dishes, and the fall fruits which are abundant. I especially love this dish and had it for lunch. Hope you enjoy it!
Makes 2 servings
- 8 oz. grilled or baked chicken
- 2 sliced celery stalks
- 1/4 sliced white onion
- 1/2 acorn squash
- 1/4 (2 oz.) fuji apple
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 oz chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 4 tbs Nature’s Hollow sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbs water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice acorn squash in half. Coat flesh with cooking spray, and place flesh side down on cookie sheet.
- Peel and slice apple. Place on cookie sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Break walnuts and place in cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. At 10 minutes, remove walnuts. Bake apples and squash for remainder of time.
- Once cooled enough, cube squash.
- Coat large cooking pan with cooking spray. Slice onions and celery and place in pan. Sprinkle with spices. Heat to medium, cover, and let cook for 5 minutes. Add cubed cooked chicken and remaining ingredients to the pan. Cover, turn heat to medium low, and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Calories 223
- Total Fat 6.91g
- Sodium 296.25mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.12g
- Dietary Fiber 13.89g
- Sugars 3.09g
- Protein 29.38g