I train hard 6 days out of 7 every single week. I train really hard. I train with purpose, and I train with intensity. I don’t half a$$ any of my workouts. For being 46, I think I train pretty darn hard. When I go to the gym, I’m on a mission. My goal is to push myself, lift heavy, and build like crazy. Regardless whether my goal be to add muscle, train for a competition, or challenge myself in a completely different way – like training for a marathon – I train hard.
The challenge with training as hard as I do is my body craves – needs – recovery. And I have noticed that as I’ve gotten older it requires more downtime and a little more rest in between such intense workouts.
It’s no surprise that I feed my body with the right kind of fuel either. I know that a balance of lean protein, healthy fats, and carbohydrates are necessary to help me grow. Proper nutrition helps me to feel strong and capable. A balanced diet helps provide the energy that I require in order to not just kill it in the gym but to perform my day to day activities. I think we’d all agree that food is fuel and a means to our end goals.
But what about supplements? Vitamins? So called recovery products that are targeted to help our bodies recover quicker?
When the Kill Cliff campaign stumbled in to my inbox, I was eager. I’ve tried so many products over the years – pills, powders, sprays, and even beverages that are meant to help speed up the recovery process.
Kill Cliff recovery drinks appealed to me for a number of reasons.
- Kill Cliff Recovery Drinks come in 5 yummy flavors – Blackberry Lemonade, Blood Orange (their original flavor), Lemon Lime, Pomegranate Punch, and Raspberry Blueberry.
- Kill Cliff Recovery Drinks are low calorie – containing only 15-20 calories per 12 oz can.
- Kill Cliff Recovery Drinks are NATURALLY sweetened – while competitors choose to sweeten their products with Sucralose (which studies show that even small amounts are unhealthy for our bodies) – Kill Cliff uses natural sweeteners only.
- Kill Cliff Recovery Drinks are carbonated – so it’s a GREAT soda alternative.
- Kill Cliff Recovery Drinks are loaded with Electrolytes. This is important because as athletes we lose electrolytes through physical activity (sweat). Kill Cliff Recovery Drinks help to replenish lost electrolytes post activity which helps bring levels back to normal.
- Kill Cliff Recovery Drinks are packed with enzymes which control the speed of chemical reactions within the body. By including enzymes in their drinks, they are essentially helping speed up the process of recovery.
- Kill Cliff Recovery Drinks are also packed with natural energy boosters such as ginseng, ginger, and green tea extract.
- Kill Cliff Recovery Drinks are gluten-free (which with my having Hashimotos – this is important), non GMO, contain NO sugar, and are dairy-free, kosher, and vegan.
Okay Jenny so it all sounds good, but how does it taste?
I can now say I’ve tried every flavor, and they are all really, really good.
I’m a soda drinker. I’d like to say I’m a recovering soda drinker. I used to drink way too much – like easily putting away a 32-ounce soda every day. As I’ve gotten more heavily in to fitness, I’ve tried to curb that craving, but it still is a craving for sure. The Kill Cliff Recovery Drinks not just fill the void of soda but they also taste like some of the popular energy drinks you can find anywhere. Out of all the flavors, I think my favorite is Raspberry Blueberry.
When thinking about some of the other recovery drinks that have been around for some time, there really isn’t much of a comparison. These simply taste better. And they’re not loaded with fillers. And they are naturally sweetened. They’re just a better product. Period.
Since Kill Cliff was so generous in sending me several cases, I’ve had the opportunity to share the love with some of my friends in the neighborhood, my family, and at with colleagues at the gym. I kind of like playing the role of Santa. And if you’re reading this and happen to be nearby, stop by, because I still have plenty to share. I’d LOVE for you to try one.
Before I wrap this up I wanted to touch on one more reason I really liked working on this campaign. I learned that a portion of every sale goes to the Navy Seal Foundation which supports their warriors and families. Last year they earned around 200k for the Navy Seal Foundation – which I think is simply amazing. Good for them and for such a great cause. These heroes have fought on our behalf – at the highest level of service. Their commitment and loyalty to our country deserve our respect, and if money can be raised for those wounded as a result of fighting for our country, then I’m all for it.
Lastly, so why did they start this company to begin with? Kill Cliff was created by a Navy Seal with the pure intent of wanting to replace the junk that’s currently out there. He wanted to provide a better product. Here’s a link to their mission.
This campaign was intended not only to create awareness by educating the public and by getting some of their product out there, but it was also done with the purpose to #killthequit. Meaning – we all have it in us to push harder, push beyond our limits, and to rise to the occasion. Whenever that voice inside our heads speaks up and tries to make us “quit”, it’s our job to “kill it” to “kill the quit” and prove to ourselves all we are capable of.
And if you’re nearby come get some! I’ll be sharing it ALL until its gone.
#killthequit #ad #killcliff
Quitting is not an option! KILL THE QUIT.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KILL CLIFF. The opinions and text are all mine.